Basic Conference Details
February 27th – 29th at the beautiful Manchester Grand Hyatt in sunny San Diego, California.
Orthodontists and their staff interested in elevating their digital treatment techniques and technology. Historically, more than 50% of SureSmile practices attend, with an average of 3-4 staff members each. But it’s not just SureSmile doctors at our user conferences. Many leading practices from around the country who are not yet using SureSmile attend to enhance their knowledge of how digital orthodontics is advancing the specialty.
- Share ideas with your colleagues – Network with other orthodontists and meet experienced SureSmile doctors. Learn directly from other SureSmile users. Connect with mentors and colleagues to build study clubs and grow the community.
- Sharpen skills – Hear from experts on mechanics and clinical information. Refine your business skills to maximize income opportunities. SureSmile doctors can attend hands-on sessions to become more software proficient.
- Inspire your team – The staff classes include sessions on clinical techniques, role-specific expertise, and personal development.
- Optimize operations – Discover how to take digital treatment planning to the next level, while empowering your team to improve practice efficiencies by using integrated solutions.
Educational Content & Conference Activities
Choose from lectures, panels, and hands-on sessions delivered by SureSmile experts on biomechanics, aligner design, IDB, wire design, simulations, aesthetics, and more. Plus, there are a variety of business topics to help you continuously grow and optimize your practice.
SureSmile2020 features three doctor tracks: Advanced, Ortho, and Master Classes, plus a Staff Track
The pre-con Master Classes are a tuition add-on that allow advanced doctors to deepen their expertise and get more out of their digital solutions. To attend, doctors and their teams need to pay tuition in advance and arrive early enough to check in Thursday morning. The Master Class will start at 10am PT.
Staff can choose from lectures, panels, and hands-on sessions covering topics specific to their responsibilities, including patient management, scanning, treatment coordination, building relationships with referring offices and patients, marketing your practice, and more.
Staff who are nominated for one or more SureSmile awards will also be nominated to become a member of the SureSmile Staff Advisory Board. Finalists will be invited to an exclusive learning opportunity with our keynote speaker & Dentsply Sirona executives hosting the S.A.B. luncheon on Friday at noon.
The SureSmile conference brings together doctors and staff from around the globe for education, peer networking, and recognition of their accomplishments. A welcome reception is held the night before the conference. Our world-famous costume gala (the costume theme will be announced in the fall, so stay tuned!), awards honoring visionary practices, and dinner/dance party will be held Friday evening aboard the USS Midway.
During the conference, doctors and staff will have the opportunity to:
- Attend the pre-conference options for an additional charge.
- Meet with a Digital Lab technician to discuss cases, update preferences, and order setups (SureSmile doctors only).
- Schedule a complimentary business consultation to improve your marketing and financial position (SureSmile doctors only)
- Hear the state of the industry address directly from the Dentsply Sirona CEO
- Participate in the 7.6 global launch
Yes! Thursday night we will recognize staff and practices. And, at the gala on Friday evening, we’ll recognize visionary practices.
To be announced soon!
- Thursday evening reception
- All education opportunities: lectures, interactive workshops, hands-on training*
- Breakfast and lunch on Friday and Saturday
- Friday evening dinner and after-party on the USS Midway
- All event entertainment
- Open access to the exhibition area
- 1-on-1 Business Consultations (SureSmile doctors only)
- 1-on-1 Digital Lab meetings (SureSmile doctors only)
*Pre-conference classes and workshops not included. Pre-conference options to be announced.
Yes, doctors and staff who pay tuition, attend events, and complete the evaluation following the event qualify for CE credits. Once the program is set, the number of CEUs provided will be published. Attendees are required to complete the program evaluation to receive CEUs. A link will be emailed to all attendees who qualify following the event.
|Percentage Refunded||Cancellation Date|
|90%||if cancelled by||8/31/2019|
|70%||if cancelled by||10/31/2019|
|45%||if cancelled by||12/31/2019|
|20%||if cancelled by||2/7/2020|
|0%||if cancelled after||2/7/2020|
Register for SureSmile 2020 Users Conference by clicking the Register button in the top left corner of the menu bar. Pre-Conference registration will open this fall.
Email: [email protected]
A detailed event agenda follows:
|2020 Program At-A-Glance|
|Thursday, February 27||Friday, February 28||Saturday, February 29|
|7:30am||Registration open||7:00am||Registration open||7:00am||Registration open|
|8:00am||Exhibitor Setup||8:00am||DL Consults||8:00am||DL Consults|
|10:00am||Business Consults||8:00am||Business Consults||8:00am||Business Consults|
|10:00am||PreCon Masterclass 1||8:30am||Opening Address||8:30am||Breakout Sessions|
|11:30am||PreCon Lunch||10:00am||Break||9:30am||Exhibitor Break|
|1:00pm||PreCon Masterclass 2||10:15am||Global Launch||10:00am||Breakout Sessions|
|3:00pm||PreCon Masterclass 3||12:00pm||Lunch||11:15am||Breakout Sessions|
|5:00pm||Opening Reception||12:00pm||Staff Advisory Lunch||12:15pm||Lunch|
|6:00pm||Staff Recognition||1:00pm||Breakout Sessions||1:30pm||Closing Guest Speaker|
|6:00pm||Gala & Awards Dinner|
Becoming a Speaker
Submit an RFP through August 16 for a chance to become part of the educational program in San Diego. Speakers will be reviewed and selected by the Clinical Curriculum Committee once RFPs have closed. Speakers, titles, descriptions, and learning outcomes will be published once all selected speakers have accepted their invitation.
The Clinical Curriculum Committee will review submitted proposals for scientific rigor, educational content, audience appeal, thematic fit, and whether or not CEUs can be awarded.
Selections for the program will be based on the following:
Clinical education – learning outcomes focused on clinical objectives that meet CE standards.
- Any session that attempts to sell a product or service rather than present educational content for the purpose of improving clinical outcomes will be disqualified, as CEUs cannot be awarded and would thus violate the integrity of the educational program.
Scientific rigor – quality in cases, measures, and demonstrable outcomes within a framework of unbiased clinical investigation.
- Substantive evidence and a fair examination of data that both supports and deviates from the speaker’s hypothesis should be provided to avoid one-sided or prejudicial arguments, especially on controversial academic subjects still open to debate among experts.
Attendee learning needs – continuing education standards coupled with learning expectations for those who attend the meeting (doctors & staff).
- User conferences are designed to focus on every aspect of both the software and the user—leveraging the platform in new and more precise ways. As such, programming will be specific to helping attendees learn how to better utilize SureSmile for better, safer, and faster patient outcomes.
- Program theme & topics – 2020 program categories will prioritize innovative digital proposals that have appeal to specific audiences, and real learning impact that can be put into action immediately.
As a digital education summit for SureSmile users, selected sessions must focus on use cases of SureSmile treatment planning solutions and integrations that improve practice efficiencies and/or how to go 100% SureSmile.
Actionable takeaways – presentations and workshops that deliver well-designed solutions and tested processes that participants can put into immediate action.
- The goal of the learning event is to strengthen user skills within the SureSmile platform and its integrations, so priority will be given to proposals that aim to empower and elevate SureSmile user strategies towards realizable results.
Speaker agreements will be offered to selected sessions once all submissions have been reviewed and assessed for program fit, audience appeal, and clinical value. This ensures the integrity of educational programming and our ability to award CEUs to event attendees.